TERMS AND CONDITIONS
- The guest, by accepting these terms and conditions, warrants that he is duly authorized to sign for and bind all persons represented by him or for whom he is responsible (‘his party”) to these conditions of residence and failing such authority, agrees to be personally liable for all amounts arising from the residence of himself and his party at Camp Figtree.
- The guest and each of his party agrees to pay no later than the time of departure (unless prior written arrangements have been made with the Camp management) the room rate as determined by the hotel for the period of residence, the costs of food, beverage and any other amounts relating to such residence together with VAT (if applicable) incurred by the guest and his party during his/ their stay in the Hotel. Periodic payments must be made if the account exceeds the credit limit designated by the Camp, and accounts are payable on presentation.
- A certificate from the Camp Manager shall constitute proof of indebtedness of the guest and/ or his party and of particulars thereof for all purposes including any action instituted by the hotel against the guest and/ or any of his party.
- The guest agrees that after his departure, the Camp may retain goods left behind by him and/ or his party and authorizes the Hotel after giving one month’s notice to the address registered by the guest of its intention to do so, to sell same, privately or publicly, at the Hotel’s discretion at such price as the Camp may determine and offset the proceeds of such sale against possible indebtedness of the guest or to hold such proceeds or part thereof for a period of three years pending any claims by the guest for those proceeds failing which they shall be deemed to have been forfeited to the Camp.
- The guest and his/her accompanying party acknowledge that they are aware of and appreciate the danger and risk that are associated with game reserves, wilderness areas and Camps arising out of the presence of wildlife and the risk of suffering bodily injury, death or loss of property which may result out of an encounter with or the presence of wildlife whilst at the premises or on a camp activity.
- The guest hereby agrees on behalf of himself and the members of his party, on whose behalf he warrants he has authority to contract, that it is a condition of his/ their occupation of the Camp that the Camp shall not be responsible for any injury to or death of any person or any harm caused to them or the loss or destruction of or damage to any property upon the premises, whether arising from fire, theft or any cause and by whomsoever caused or arising from the negligence (gross or otherwise) willful or wrongful act of any person in the employment of the Camp or sub-contractors of the Camp.
- The guest hereby consents to the jurisdiction of the Magistrate’s Court having jurisdiction over the guest in respect of any proceedings in connection with the stay of the guest and his party in the Camp. Camp Figtree shall have the right of instituting all or any proceedings connected with such stay in the Camp in any Division of the Supreme Court of South Africa having jurisdiction.
- Where appropriate the masculine gender shall include the feminine gender and vice versa and the singular shall include plural.